[Question #694492]: Normal stiffness define

Hi guys,

I was wondering the normal stiffness in yade is calculated by (https://yade-dem.org/doc/formulation.html#normal-stiffness). And I posted one similar question ( https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/694217)  before but I am struggling again for some questions:

1. The normal stiffness of compression and tension is the same in the definition, does that mean the macro-material is one phase? In another word, two particles are connected by cement, if they have the same tension and compression stiffness, does that mean that the cement has the same mechanical properties as particles.  However, Assume that cement is very soft and particles are hard, I think the tensile stiffness would be much smaller than compression. So is this situation could be realized by Yade?

Thank u very much.

Cheers,
Aaron