Re: [Question #694513]: How to generate stress in PARAVIEW when the boulder dropped on the grains, and why my amount of grains model in PARAVIEW is not as much as in YADE simulation?

Jan Stránský posted a new comment:
Hello,

> 1. Based on my script (attachment on below), why I cannot run
"readParamsFromTable" from my YADE script?

**In Yade**, readParamsFromTable is automatically imported (as all functions from utils module) in main scope.
If you run it in Yade, you should not have any problem.

Using "plain python" (or "other python", e.g. pvpython or python in
paraview or jupyter notebook or ...) you need to explicitly import it,
as suggested by Robert.

> it appeared like this on PARAVIEW when I run script:

on paraview???
Even it is possible to run any python script in paraview, I would not recommend it (e.g. because of different scopes, different imports, I don't know if there is some extra performance decrease or not, etc.)
I suggest to use yade for yade tasks and paraview for paraview tasks.

> What should I do?

you should describe more in detail how you got this error, what steps
you did, what commands run, where (linux console, paraview python shell,

cheers