Re: [Question #694217]: Normal stiffness of contact under tension

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
Hi,
A short comment related to this:
> But when the two particles are under tension stress and leave each other, the stiffness of bonding should have nothing to do with the modulus of particle self and it should only depend on the bonding material itself.

I can see where you come from: there is another material in between the particles with its own properties.
However, even in that case there is no reason to expect something different in traction and compression. If there is a cement paste in between, then it plays the same role in traction and compression (in elasticity at least).

Bruno