Re: [Question #694548]: Unexpected PFacet Collision Physics

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
I would say the angular momentum is (should be...) conserved.
Simply, the PFacet is, from an inertial point of view, a triangle with a solid sphere at each vertex. As if all the rest of the volume was occupied by a solid of mass density ~0. This is peculiar but not unphysical in itself, it shouldn't give something strange by design.

Defining a unique torque using the single contact point (i.e. not
distributing) is possible only if the facet is a rigid clump, not your
case. You have a deformable facet with 3x3 rotational DOFs. Then you
need 3 torques.

> r_face x F not necessarily equal to sum(r_node_i x F_i)

I see what you mean... but they _should_ be necessarily equal if we put the equations correctly. I'll have to go back to that paper. I suggest you also check the source, since it coud differ from paper.
Most of the code is in common/PFacet.hpp,cpp

HTH
Bruno