Re: [Question #694982]: problem of the command "O.cell.velGrad"

I have tried your code, but it is running too long. Could you please
modify it to run faster for easy testing?

> the results are seriously affected by the time step O.dt
> O.cell.velGrad=dstrain/(ns*O.dt)

how they could not be affected, if O.dt defines velGrad?
Not only absolute strain, but also strain rate influences the results. After all, it is a dynamic simulation...
Use the same O.dt for both simulations if you want to get same results.

> I think using the command "O.cell.velGrad=dstrain/(ns*O.dt) "can reach
the strain I want.

Apart from just strain, export also O.cell.trsf from the first simulation.
Than, in the second simulation, compare saved O.cell.trsf with actual O.cell.trsf.
My guess is that they do differ. If yes, than the strain is not the same.

> that the RVE I calibrated, which is applied to the same strain

see above, depends on what "strain" is. O.cell.trsf (deformation
gradient) is more unique measure.

cheers