Re: [Question #695131]: Help with 3D post processing example

> since I am not able to run dual commands

what is "dual command"?

> seems to be the only way to capture simulations
> Are there any suggestions/alternatives ... ?

qt.SnapshotEngine is an option, if it is the best choice depends on your needs.
A more standard way is IMO to save simulation **data** (not just screenshot) and postprocess them separately.
Having data is "more valuable" then just an instant screenshots, you can export different results/images from one dataset.
E.g. you can save particle positions in a VTK format and postprocess them in Paraview [1].
There are other options for both file formats and postprocessing tool, but VTK/Paraview this is de facto standard (IMO).

cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/user.html#id3