Re: [Question #695226]: RungeKuttaCashKarp54Integrator with gridConnections is causing errors

Bruno Chareyre requested more information:
> I added viscous damping to the source code of
Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment, this caused the
NewtonIntegrator to be unstable

Quick note:
We can't really try since we don't have your specific damping model. You could push to a gitlab branch at some point if you want someone to be able to try the script with relevant code version.

Maybe you did that already, but before trying another integrator (or higher number precision ;) ), I would go through this checkList:
- what happens with super-small O.dt? (defining what is "super-small" needs to think about mass-viscosity-stiffness parameters)
- are the directions of forces, moment, velocities and spin consistent, with just 2-3 nodes after 2 iterations?

Cheers
Bruno