[Question #695874]: 3D image

I am trying to obtain a 3D image for my domain, as I know we can obtain a .vtu file which is a 3D surface and not a voxelated 3D image like the one obtained by x-ray (.raw or .tif). I need this 3D image for pore network extraction.

Is there any possible way to obtain a 3D image(.raw) or do you know any free tool that can  convert from 3D surfaces to 3D images . For example there is AMIRA software that can do such a job but it is a commercial software.

Thank you