[Question #696047]: calculation of flexural stress in 2D condition

I am trying to calculate the bending stress in four-point bending test in 2D condition, but some concepts make me confused. Theoretically, the stress is the tensile stress of the bottom fiber in the beam. I know that in 3D condition, the flexural stress can be easily obtain by FL/bd^2, where b is the width of the beam cross-section. But since in 2D condition, there is no thickness for the beam or the thickness is the diameter of the sphere particle? how do I get the stress based on the applied force F?
I am thinking that instead of get stress by F, I can directly obtain the stress by using bodyStressTensors(), averaging the stress along the span direction for all the particles located in the bottom of the beam between two loading point. Is that a correct way to obtain the flexural stress?
Regards,
Steve