Re: [Question #696056]: Can't clump facet together

Huang peilun posted a new comment:
> for discussion continuation, why not providing more info already this
time? :-)

Really sorry about that.

> what is "a boudary"?

I want to simulate the sampler of the standard penetration test. The
shape of the driving shoe is not of regular shape, therefore can not be
represented by box object or cylinder. It's like a tube and with a
contraction at the top. I was told that the shape of the driving shoe do
have effect on the result of the SPT but I am not sure how large the
impact is. So I want to simulate the exact shape. I tried polyhedron but
in that case I can't use CohFrictMat. Because Ig2 for sphere and
polyhedra only support ScGeom and CohFrictPhys need ScGeom6D. If I don't
use CohFrictPhys, the macroscopic friction angle is too small and not
like the real soil.

> Why are (fixed, not moving) individual facets not suitable and why you
need a clump?

I clump the facets together so that I can simulate the exact shape. In
my understanding, individual facets are of triangle shape and can not
move together. In my case I need the boundary of the sampler to move
together. Thus I have to clump them together.

>Using facets for this purpose is fine [2,3,4,5], but normally you do
not need at all to clump the facets [2,3,4,5].

Thanks for your advice. I am going to study these code to see if they
can help.