Re: [Question #695868]: can PFacet deform like a bollon?

Klaus Thoeni posted a new comment:
Hi Yong,

interesting problem. Let me try to answer your questions:
1. As you already said, the pFacet is deformable. So if you have a hollow cylinder and you apply internal pressure it will expand (i.e. the dimension of the pFacet will change). The load needs to be applied as forces at the GridNodes.
2. I did not have a close look to your paper. However, a pFacet is one single element and it will always be one, unless you change the "mesh". You an import a mesh and create pFactes, see example here [1].

HTH Klaus

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/master/examples/pfacet/gts-
pfacet.py