Re: [Question #696480]: PFacet model - contact data mining

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi

> How can I correctly mine the contact parameters like penetration
depth, force on the sphere and number of interactions for my penetration
tests?

for cont being some contact interaction (eg cont = O.interactions[0,1])
with a ScGeom geom, cont.geom.penetrationDepth would give you
penetration depth. Resultant force on a bodie with id i are obtained
through O.forces.f(i) and number of (real) interaction is
O.interactions.countReal()

See also https://yade-dem.org/doc/tutorial-data-mining.html and the rest
of the doc (User s manual and Class Reference) ;-)

> Since it will be needed in the future: If there is an "easy" way (only
changing python code, not c++ source code) to change the contact law

I do not see one that would properly fit YADE design. DEM operations in
YADE are executed from the C++ side, through C++ source of Engines and
LawFunctors, for instance. Python is "just" for designing and
interrogating what's going on, and that is already something marvelous.

You  could still always rewrite all DEM operations in pure Python but
that would be slower.