Re: [Question #696704]: How to get P-wave and S-wave velocity

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
I think what is usually coined in the doc as P-Wave velocity is
(b.mat.young / b.mat.density)**0.5 # b a body with a material having these young and density attributes -- most of them.

Whether (b.mat.young / b.mat.density)**0.5 actually is a elastic wave
velocity in a packing including bodies with these velocities is another
question, in my opinion (and the answer would be no), but this is part
of the classical confusion about these "young" parameter..

As for the S-wave velocity, it's kind of the same: the only way I see to
measure it is to actually simulate a S wave and to measure its speed.

(Note that in the particular case of your link, the doc is even more
unfortunate in my opinion -- on my TODO list by the way.. -- since
PolyhedraMat.young may not be a stress-like quantity in Pa)