Re: [Question #696648]: Image and erase

> what do I need to do to fix it?
> And how can I report it to gitlab?

- fix in source code: add checking if b[i] is nullptr and if yes, implement different behavior
- gitlab issue (and wait until some developer fix it and publish the fix): [5] (or [6] -> Issues -> New issue)

> For my code I did not use ViscoeleasticPM, I used LudingPM.
> O.engines = [ ..., DeformControl(label="DefControl")]

As explained, the problem is in DeformControl.
Placement of that class source code in "ViscoelasticPM.*pp" is not important.

>  when I am running the command in the terminal is erase my walls. It
only crashes when I add it in my script.

More information is needed to solve this problem.
This behavior should be independent of terminal/script. Of course assuming you do the same thing in terminal and script.
Since in your provided script, the erase is "deep" inside PyRunner and checkers, I suspect that "running the command in the terminal" might simply do something different than "added it in the script".

Cheers
Jan

[5] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/issues/new
[6] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/