Re: [Question #696912]: granular collapses (deposition)

> 1.- Generate a cylinder and deposit the grains inside. This has an
associated stabilization time in which all the particles settle and the
system is at rest.

See e.g. [1] for a library function - facetCylinder instead of facetBox:
###
cylinderFacets = geom.facetCylinder(...)
cylinderFacetsIds = O.bodies.apend(cylinderFacets)
###

Or you can create your own solution, e.g. using boxes or pfacets instead
of facets.

> 2.- Once this happens (i.e., all the grains stop), I remove the
cylindrical container and allow the granular column to flow.

Use O.bodies.erase [2]
###
O.run(10000,True) # run 10000 steps. Or some stop condition. Or ... In case of this problem, pleas open a new question

for f in cylinredFacets:
    O.bodies.erase(f.id)
# or
# for i in facetCylinderIds:
#    O.bodies.erase(i)
###

Concerning the flow, have a look at recent discussion about
"rectangular" results [3].

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.geom.html#yade.geom.facetCylinder