Re: [Question #696480]: PFacet model - contact data mining

Paul Pircher posted a new comment:
Hi Bruno,
thanks for your answer!
Only a short response from my side as well.
The last time I checked all 3 interactions were real at the contact.
The corresponding bodies in contact with the penetrating sphere were only pfacets. One of the pfacet wasn't even close to the contact location. No interaction with a grid-connection that might be expected.

I found out that the case for zero interactions is more complex.
At even iteration numbers there were 0 interactions, at odd iteration numbers there were 3 interactions.

I noticed the post where general PFacet problems are discussed and had a look at it.
The thing is that I am often not sure if I found something of serious interest (bug, unintended feature, etc.) or my limited knowledge is the issue. I am not a software engineer and therefore I struggle with too complex code especially with C++.
So I rather post general questions here.

I will prepare my examples, get some screenshots and post them here
again. Maybe that helps.

> From the top of my head: if you assign another material to the PFacets
and to the spheres, and if you use the corresponding functors (just like
for changing the sphere-sphere contact model) then it should change the
contact model.

I need to try that again. If this works it would save me a ton of work.
Although I am using a contact model that was developed at my departement. So it isn't implemented in YADE straight away and therefore might cause some issues.

Best regards,
Paul