[Question #697095]: Request for suggestion regarding particle packing for CD triaxial test

Dear Friends,
Hi, I am trying to calibrate CD triaxial test and study the parameter effects (i.e., friction, young's modulus, poissons ratio) at a small strains. As a first step, I generated the particle packing using the following commands:

#Appending the walls before we form the packing
walls=aabbWalls([mn,mx],thickness=wall_thickness, material='walls')
wallIds=O.bodies.append(walls)
#Using predicate to generate the sphere packing inside the walls
pred=pack.inAlignedBox((mn),(mx))
#Predicate and memorizeDb command saves it so that the packing can be used over and over again
sp=SpherePack()
sp=pack.randomDensePack(pred,radius=rMean,rRelFuzz=rRelFuzz,memoizeDb='/tmp/triaxpackcache.sqlite',spheresInCell=num_spheres,returnSpherePack=True,material='spheres')
sp.toSimulation()

The following are my queries:
1. In this, we give a initial assumption about the number of spheres. Can any one advise how to come up with this number. Does the final particle packing very much influenced by this number.
2. Another this is that, apart from friction, does other parameters such as young's modulus, poissons ratio (chosen contact model) effect the final particle packing during the confinement stage.
3. Can you please also advice on the value of wall thickness that is usually taken in triaxial test.
4. Does YADE use only periodic boundaries unlike other commercial software like PFC 3D where both periodic and rigid wall boundaries can be used.
Please give your valuable suggestions in this regard.

Thanking you in advance,
Sarath