Re: [Question #697079]: When I use the periodic boundary, whether the packing to be generated should be periodic

> Does this mean that the packing of the period boundary must be
periodically generated?

Instant replay:
The answer is "it depends on your specific case".
It can be "yes" or "no" or "maybe" or "rather yes", or ...
depending on the specific case, whose description is needed to get more relevant answer [1].

> ... the packings are all periodically generated ...
> ... in the examples Periodic simple shear and Periodic triaxial test ...
> Does this mean that ... must be ...?

No, that something is present in examples does not necessarily imply that it must be like that at all circumstances.
It depends on your specific case :-)

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask