Re: [Question #697108]: Porosity overlapping particles

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
> I would define correct porosity as the total volume of void space in
the compacts.

Right. But what what would be the correct one _in a model_ when
particles overlap?

> In the real world pharma compaction process these overlap exist.

This is confusing me. I use to teach that overlap do not exist in the real world, and that the numerical overlaps are just because we don't display the deformed shapes.
1 million$ question is: how do we know porosity when we don't know the actual deformed shapes? It is up to you to decide.
With hydrogels, for instance, we know that the volume of each particle is constant during the deformation, it makes the problem easy: solid volume is constant (and then voxelPorosity is wrong). Does it apply in your case, I don't know, but in general I would say voxelPorosity is not a good approach for highly deformable particles.

Bruno