Re: [Question #698594]: Triaxial test comparison between periodic boundary and rigid boundary

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

> I carried out ...

a MWE [1] would be great, most likely necessary, to provide serious answer.
Or at least more detailed information on "triaxial compression tests" (loading scenario, load values, what is prescribed (stress, strain), .... )

> the two cases use ... same strain rate (I think)

you should know, not think

> the two cases use ... the same of sample size

definitely not.
For the rigid walls, the sample dimension is a true dimension.
For the size of periodic cell, it just an arbitrary sample out of **infinite** medium.
If you "repeat" the periodic cell (like "2x2x2" or "3x3x3" sample), you should get the same results as for the one cell.

> but is it normal to have such a big difference?

it might be normal, or not :-)

> Or did I miss some factors which can also lead to the difference?

friction of walls?

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask