Re: [Question #698970]: Questions about updating yade

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

You can try  going in manually and removing this line from
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.yade-dem.org/packages/ focal main

then uninstall:

sudo apt-get remove yadedaily
sudo apt-key remove AA915EEB

the install:

sudo bash -c 'echo "deb http://www.yade-dem.org/packages/ focal main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list'
wget -O - http://www.yade-dem.org/packages/yadedev_pub.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install yadedaily

If that does not work, then there may be some issue with your
distribution (are you actually running ubuntu 20.04?)

We provide a slew of ways to access the most up to date code beyond the
packaged yadedaily. You can also compiling from sources [1], and use
docker [2].

If none of these work for you, and you are in-fact running ubuntu 18.04
or 20.04, then I am afraid to say, you are alone in this issue :/

-rc

[1]https://yade-dem.org/doc/installation.html#source-code
[2]https://yade-dem.org/doc/installation.html#docker