Re: [Question #699072]: About the examples/ThermalEngine

Robert Caulk requested more information:
Hello,

>>I compiled it from the source code again. The version is
yade-2021-09-28.git-52f0c5a.But when I run the original script
(unchanged),the same problem still exists...

I cannot reproduce this issue using latest source. The example scripts
run as intended. It may be an issue with distribution, you are running
20.04. Can you please install latest yade source on Ubuntu 18.04 and
confirm your issue?

>>I have tried the number of spheres as 100,200,300,500,1000,2000,and
the O.dt as 1e-4 to 1e-6 (I also tried using the O.dt=PWaveTimeStep(),
not sure if it's appropriate).The success of the simulation does not
seem to have much to do with O.dt but O.dt affects the speed of the
simulation(The premise is that the simulation is successful, that is,
there is temperature instead of Nan)

Have you actually looked at your packing? It seems you are simulating a
gaseous state of spheres (although there is no way to know without an
MWE). ThermalEngine was not designed to handle this kind of packing.

Please provide an MWE.

Cheers,

Robert