Re: [Question #699458]: about -j XX and accelerate in yadedaily

Ziyu Wang is still having a problem:
Hello,Jan and Robert!

I have read[1,2] you give and links therein.Actually I have read the
Performance Test[3]..But I can't fully understand the content. I can
only understand that more threads don't mean faster simulation,there is
a suitable number of cores for simulation.

I'm sorry for my lack of understanding of OpenMP. Can I understand that this problem is difficult to solve at present.
There are about 2000 particles in my simulation.I can understand what you mean. Few particles don't use so many threads..
What puzzles me is that even with single thread, workstation should run faster than my own computer(The fact is that workstation is about 10% slower).
And if I use multithreading and run the same script, my own computer can achieve two to three times the acceleration, while workstation does not.
By the way,Is it possible that this problem has something to do with the graphics card?

Following is the hardware of my own computer:
CPU:AMD® Ryzen 7 4800h with radeon graphics × 16
Memory:15.6GB
graphics card:NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
OS:Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS(The same as workstation)
And I use yadedaily 20211105-6086~6f71ebd~bionic1 for both.

Thanks for help.

[3]https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Performance_Test