[Question #699857]: lateral strain in uniaxial test with aabbDim()

I am using JCFpmMat material for uniaxial compression test, but unlike triaxialStressController, there seems to be no data about lateral strain in UniaxialStrainer.I found a similar problem[1],and I tried to use aabbDim(),but there are problems:

The size seems to be calculated by (max coordinate value) - (min coordinate value) of the particles  in each direction by aabbDim(),right?
If so,early in my uniaxial compression process, a very small number of particles will separate from the boundary (before failure and this situation seems inevitable), which leads to the wrong lateral strain from aabbDim().What should I do to solve this problem..

Best regards.

[1]https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/678724
[2]https://yade-dev.gitlab.io/trunk/yade.utils.html#yade.utils.aabbDim