Re: [Question #700031]: postprocessing data with tassellationWrapper

Marco Previtali posted a new comment:
Hello again,
I have tried carrying out postprocessing of experimental data  as suggested here [1].

### code running as post-processing with TesselationWrapper
from yade import ymport
O.bodies.append(ymport.text("state0.txt"))
TW=TesselationWrapper()
TW.triangulate()
TW.computeVolumes()
TW.setState(0)
#
O.reset()
O.bodies.append(ymport.text("state1.txt"))
TW.setState(1)
#
TW.defToVtk("strain.vtk")
###

However, despite a 20% deviatoric strain being applied to the sample,
the code provides no useful outputs:

Triangulated Grains : 2690
sym_grad_u_total_g (wrong averaged strain):
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0

Total volume = 0, grad_u =
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0

sym_grad_u (true average strain):
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0

Macro strain :
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0

(Note that this is a 2D problem).

If I do something similar, i.e. updating the position of the particles
instead of using O.reset() and re-generating them, I get the same (lack
of) results.

Is there any issue with the approach or am I missing something?

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/684747