[Question #700186]: Maximum strain rate in a triaxial test

I am trying to simulate a monotonic periodic triaxial test using Yade, and i am wondering about the choice of the maximum strain rate that i should use. In the tutorial [1], it says that we should choose a higher maximum strain rate on the radial direction than the axial to allow faster deformation along x,y  and better maintain stresses. It seems logical to do so, but I am wondering :
How much higher should it be? Should the ratio between the lateral and axial maximum strain rate follow a certain criteria to better maintain stresses throughout the tests?

[1] : https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/blob/master/doc/sphinx/tutorial/06-periodic-triaxial-test.py

Thank you in advance!