Re: [Question #700274]: Facet in the model disappears

Karol Brzezinski proposed the following answer:
Hi,

without running the example, I can suspect that facets 'fly away' after the contact because they can :)
If you want to maintain the constant speed of the facets, just prescribe the speed, don't change degrees of freedom (still all DOFs should be fixed). I guess this is what you wanted to achieve.

But if you want the facets to act as dynamic bodies in the z-direction,
you can set the DOFs as you did, but you need to prescribe some mass to
the facets. Otherwise, any force divided by zero mass results in
infinite acceleration.

Cheers,
Karol