Re: [Question #700314]: Hertz Mindlin Contact Law including Rolling

Karol Brzezinski proposed the following answer:
Hi,

MWE (Minimum Working Example)[1] would be helpful with emphasis on "working".  When running your code, the first problem I encounter is an undefined variable (compFricDegree).
I cannot help with twisting, but rolling seems to be properly included in your code.

If you want to start without this, and activate it later maybe you
should add a label to your engine, and change its properties by
referring to this label. Not tested, but this workflow would look like
this:

#### in engines set a label to Law2
Law2_ScGeom_MindlinPhys_Mindlin(includeMoment=False, label = 'Mindlin_Law')

(... run the simulation until some condition is reached ...)
#change the engine
Mindlin_Law.includeMoment=True
O.interactions.clear()# I would reset all the interactions just in case

(... run the rest of the simulation ...)

Cheers,
Karol

[1] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask