Re: [Question #700536]: Intraction between wall and particles

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

You may note the following remarks:

1.
As somewhat explained in https://yade-dem.org/doc/user.html#law2-functor-s (to open with another web browser than Mozilla Firefox at the moment), the Law2_* functor will be chosen according to

- the IGeom (cont.geom # with cont an Interaction) type of the interaction
- and its IPhys type

The latter itself depends on Materials assigned to bodies (and on the
chosen Ip2), which you did not precise here.

2.
Assuming everything is FrictMat-material, I'm not expecting  the "[Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys(),Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys()]" part to work well / as you intend. I would speculate that one Ip2 superseeds the other here, because Ip2 are not designed to care about the Bodies shapes. It is easy to check by yourself though, asking for cont.phys and checking what you got.

3.
It should not be too difficult to also check directly if your script conforms your intended behavior. For instance, it should be possible to ask for a penetration depth at a particle-particle interaction (Sphere-Sphere shapes ?) and a particle-wall (Sphere-Box shapes, actually ?), together with the normal force value, and check whether linear elasticity or non-linear elasticity applies.

(On a very personal note, I'm not really optimistic about the possibility obtaining the intended behavior, and wonder why you would like to get that behavior)