Re: [Question #700315]: Open MPI - spawn processes

Luis Barbosa posted a new comment:
Hi all, just to inform that we solved this:

Solution was to install OpenMpi 4.1.0 on my home directory on the
cluster.

Here are the steps I performed:

Download
https://download.open-mpi.org/release/open-mpi/v4.1/openmpi-4.1.0.tar.gz

open a console on the cluster in your home folder:
cd ~
mkdir openMPI
cd openMPI

> copy or download openmpi-4.1.0.tar.gz tar ball into the openMPI
folder, and unpack it

gtar zxf openmpi-4.1.0.tar.gz
cd openmpi-4.1.0

> create a output folder

mkdir /home/pires/bin/openmpi

> create a build folder, and compile openMPI

mkdir build
cd build
../configure --prefix=/home/pires/bin/openmpi --with-slurm --with-pmi
make all
make install

at this point you have openMPI 4.1.0 with slurm support installed into your home.
Next step is to make your own module.

mkdir /home/../privatemodules
cd /home/.../privatemodules

A module file is just a bunch of linux environment variables.

Hope it can help someone in this situation.
Luis