Re: [Question #700761]: about measure seepage discharge in triaxial test

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

Please do not ask 4 separate questions in one thread. Please read our
forum guidelines [1].

>but I found that these two values remained constant throughout the
process (about - 1.02 and 1.02 in my simulation).It puzzles me.

Well ya, you are setting the permeability constant. Please review the
command you are using for permeability [2].

>2. I also want to know what is the unit of the value measured by
flow.getBoundaryFlux.(I checked the help document of Yade and couldn't
find the relevant results)

Yade is generally unit-less. You decide the units based on your input
parameters. Yade is just a calculator. Generally it is recommended to
stick to SI input units so that your results are in SI units. i.e. this
flux would be m^3/s in SI units.

>By the way,is this function(flow.getBoundaryFlux) used to measure
permeability in flowengine.

I dont quite understand, that is the function used to measure fluid
fluxes. You need fluid fluxes to compute permeability.

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask
[2]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.FlowEngine.permeabilityFactor