[Question #700869]: Finding a place for an internship

Hi everyone,

I am a Professor from the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn (Poland). I am working in the Mechanical Engineering area.

I have at this time funds for a 3 month internship on any University from the list: https://www.shanghairanking.com/rankings/arwu/2021. I have experience in numerical modelling. I know quite good the Finite Volume Method. I am also familiarized with Discrete Element Method and the Lattice Boltzmann Method. I am in particular interested to learn how to make coupled models with the use of the YADE and the OpenFOAM codes as well as the YADE and the Palabos/OpenLB codes (or similar software). I have basic experience with OpenFOAM and YADE. I tried to learn Palabos, but I do not fell the C++ language (I use mainly Fortran).

I want to improve my knowledge and skills, but I am open for teaching students, PhD students or for other activities. In frames of the internship I have to perform 6 hours teaching with students. The main disadvantage is that my English is relatively poor. Nevertheless, I was 3 weeks by Bruno Chareyre in Grenoble and 3 months by Majid Hassanizadeh in Utrecht. Previous le I worked 6 months in Canada (University of Winnipeg).

Can anyone recommend a place for such an internship?

http://pracownicy.uwm.edu.pl/wojsob/ (in Polish)
http://pracownicy.uwm.edu.pl/wojsob/galeria.html (in Polish, gallery for my Students)
https://scholar.google.pl/citations?user=8Vwzj8QAAAAJ&hl=pl
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Wojciech-Sobieski