[Question #700931]: How to colour in the particles in my own specific way (sequence)

Hi, I'm a new Yader.
Since I wanted to paint the deformation of the specimen in Figure 11 of this article, the idea I came up with was to use a different colour on the diagonal than the other areas so that I could see the result I wanted after the deformation. Of course by paraview.

Here is the paper:  https://ascelibrary.org/doi/full/10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0001001

I want to ask your opinions about:

[1] Is the idea correct? If so, how can I use the different colours on the diagonal of my sample?
[2] If not, could you please give some suggestions?

I will be very grateful to wait for your answers and many thanks for your help!