[Question #700980]: How to change the strainRate value of TriaxialCompressionEngine during the simulation period?

The problem I have got: [1]https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/700957

In the last two days of trial and error and thinking, I have discovered that the strain rate in TriaxialCompressionEngine can be changed when the stress loading axis becomes negative,

[2] so what I want to know is whether I can have a situation in the simulation where the strain rate can become negative when the stress in a certain axis reaches a certain value.

[3] However, I have found that once the simulation is started, it seems that the preset code in the engine cannot be changed later in the code (i.e. the strainRate set in the engine is constant at the beginning), so I would like to know if there is a way to make the strainRate change during a process?

[4] I have also noticed that there is a code that can be used for making an engine temporarily deactivated and only resurrect it at a later point-------dead(=false). So I want to know how to apply this code to my simulation code.

Cheers