Re: [Question #701098]: Ask for an example for simulating damage

xuanshenyu gave more information on the question:
Hi, Jan
Thank you very much for your kind reply.

> ocean structure

ship, simulate as a rigid body.

> the fracture process of sea ice in engineering scale

About  "engineering scale", what I want to express is that I study the
macroscopic breaking process of sea ice.

There are many types of sea ice, I am mainly concerned with packing ice,
and the conditions I've studied are similar to [1].

 Hundreds of packing ice float on the water, we simulate the motion of
the ship under this condition. Packing ice breaking needs to be
considered in the simulation. That's why I want to use DEM.

>What is / do you expect the typical "mode" of fracture?

About that, I'm not very clear about this either. At present, it is
mainly bending and breaking

>How would you simulate water?

Temporarily consider using theoretical or empirical formulas to
approximate the effect of water on packing ice.

Thanks for your kind help.
Shenyu

[1] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2020.108264