Re: [Question #701012]: DFN and Thermal engine

Robert Caulk requested more information:
Hello,

I received your email, but it is important that all discussions remain
on launchpad for other users to benefit. You are asking me if I am "sure
that ThermalEngine works with DFNFlowEngine."

DFNFlowEngine is not compiled by default - so there is some implication
here that the user knows how to compile and edit C++ to get it to work.
I guess this is already clear since I helped you with the compilation of
DFNFlowEngine a couple weeks ago. This means DFNFlow is untested and
unmaintained. Yes, tragic. As the rest of Yade continues to evolve and
remain maintained, DFNFlowEngine becomes more and more lost behind and
will continue to require more and more manual intervention to keep
running.

That said, the architecture of ThermalEngine fits together with
DFNFlowEngine since DFNFlowEngine is simply another FlowEngine. Of
course, there may be some bugs that you need to iron out if you want to
go down the path, but none of them are structural issues.

Based on your email you are running into some bug, but you did not
provide any indication of where the error arises (line numbers, files),
what the error is in the terminal (copy and paste to here), what you
have tried, what is your MWE. etc etc.

Thanks for providing the necessary info for me to help you debug your
problem,

Robert