Re: [Question #701259]: Create packing with given void ratio at different isotropic pressures

Gianni Pellegrini confirmed that the question is solved:
Hello Jan,
yes, you are right, it is better to contextualize.
I would like to simulate triaxial testing of samples with different void ratios.

the first drop of void ratio you observed is just because the spheres are floating in the air (no contact), therefore for my case, this is not a realistic scenario. The analysis starts when the void ratio is about 0.89 as analytically calculated and the mean pressure becomes different from 0.
After this point, if the packing is regular and the loading is isotropic, the void ratio should stay constant because the configuration of the spheres cannot change (if pressure is reasonable).

So far, method 1 works and I think that by using O.interactions.clear() , the new forces in the following loop are calculated correctly since the interactions are continuously computed (so there is no new or old). Maybe I am wrong but your answer solved my problem.
I will investigate method 2 with a new question in the future.
Thanks again