Re: [Question #701438]: Why particle velocity varies with time step

Aoxi Zhang is still having a problem:
Hi,

I'd like also use labels  for engines.
But sometimes I found that using label cannot successfully control the engine. For instance, in phase2.py:

O.engines[3].dead=True## turn of GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper
# TimeStepper.dead=True## Note, use label cannot successfully close time stepper

In above codes, I want to close GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper, if I use
TimeStepper.dead=True, it doesn't work. Thereby, I use
O.engines[3].dead=True to turn of GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper. I don't
know why.

Regarding the original question, I use newton.damping=0.9 and/or
NewtonIntegrator.damping=0.9 to set the damping. The problem is still
there :(

Any ideas or comments are welcome.

Best,
Aoxi