Re: [Question #701670]: Wrong permeability values during compaction

Soheil Safari is still having a problem:
Dear Bruno,

Thank you very much for your kind reply and valuable information.

Unfortunately, I could not catch this part of your answer:“You need to
make sure no deformation is going on when you evaluate permeability. A
sure way is to fix DOFs and set all velocities to zero.”

How can I do this? In which part?

I tried to follow the oedometer.py and changed the boundary flux, so I
set the:

Qin = flow.getBoundaryFlux(2) , Qout = flow.getBoundaryFlux(3)

and I add the #C part:

#C. now the oedometer test, drained at the top, impermeable at the bottom plate
flow.bndCondIsPressure = [0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0]
flow.bndCondValue = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
flow.updateTriangulation = True  #force remeshing to reflect new BC immediately
newton.damping = 0

Now I have received the permeability in e-11 order which is reasonable.
But still I have received alternating values for the permeability. In
some steps it increased and in others it decreased but the porosity
decreased always.

Best regards,
Soheil