Re: [Question #701699]: cylindrical particles packing

enki posted a new comment:
Thanks Jerome,

I'm real new for YADE, so if I've made some mistake or misunderstanding
for answer, feel free to point out and let me know.

1) You can approximate it by polyhedrons or clumped particles or
potential particles/blocks.

>>  I have understood the impossible for real disk shape in YADE. I
tried to create cylinder particles with loop by cylinder() right now in
my case.

>> For the clumped particles, I do not think it can shape the
cylindrical particle like what I want like coin as I descriped above, is
that right? If you have some detailed example, feel free to let me know.

>> And for polyhedrons, I'm not familiar with the concept, nor did I
find any parameter descriptions in the YADE documentation...

2)  I searched the YADE documentation for the LevelSet method and I'm
very confused about the main purpose of this method "level set
description of particle shapes based on discrete distance fields and
surface nodes". It looks like we can create a level set to store
particle positions...is that right?

If you can give me more detailed examples, that will be helpful for my
understanding. Sorry for my lack of YADE and Python background