Re: [Question #701764]: Use flipCell in periodic simulations

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Hi,
[1] is outdated, or maybe just misleading (it says "it needs to be done", not "it's not done").
And, yes, [2] is safe, I'm using this mechanism routinely and I never distinguished any sort of discontinuity or weird response associated to flipping.
We could probably implement it as a Cell method since currently everyone has to re-type something like:
O.engines=O.engines+[PyRunner(command='if O.cell.hSize[0,1]>O.cell.hSize[0,0]: flipCell()',iterPeriod=20)]

Bruno