[Question #701803]: Use of O.Step and O.Pause when saving Packing

I think I did not get how O.Step and O.Pause are supposed to work.

In  a basic triaxial testing script, I am using the following function to save the packing. Before doing that , I would like to change some properties of the material or as in the example, the spheres radii:

def DoneHook():
        O.interactions.clear()
        O.cell.velGrad=Matrix3(0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0)
        O.cell.trsf=Matrix3.Identity
        ac = O.cell.hSize
        np.save(fname + '.cellSizeCloud',ac)
        O.interactions.clear()
        #O.pause()  #DO I NEED TO PAUSE BEFORE SAVING?
        #CHANGING MATERIAL OR GEOMETRICK PROPERTIES
        for b in O.bodies:
            b.shape.radius = R
        #O.step()  #DO I NEED IT TO APPLY THE CHANGES?
        for b in O.bodies:
            b.state.pos = O.cell.wrap(b.state.pos)
        export.text(fname+".packing")
        O.pause()

When I used O.pause() before exporting, I have a random occurrence of Python Fatal Error *status is not current* and the file is not exported or exported with errors.
As you can read from my questions in the script's comments, I am unsure of the use of O.pause. Without it, I am able to save the file correctly but I do not know why.
Please let me know if you need a minimal working script to test this behaviour
thank you