[Question #702065]: How to set periodic boundary?

I want to simulate triaxial test on a cubical sample using the code given in the examples in Yade documentation (it uses PeriTriaxController). In the code, loose sample is generated and triaxial test is conducted without gravity deposition and densification. But I have already prepared a sample with certain dimensions and porosity through gravity deposition and compression-extension cycles. When I tried to import the particle cordinates (using ymport.txt() function) and run the code, error was shown stating that triaxial simulation works only on periodic boundaries. I tried to set periodic boundary in the code but showed the same error and sometimes crashes (I set 'periodic= True' in the ymport.txt() function and also added 'O.periodic= True' like in the code). I read the documentation but still don't understand how to set periodic boundaries if particle coordinates are imported into the code. From what I understood, periodic boundaries can be set only when packing is generated in the code. Is it possible to set periodic boundaries if the particle coordinates are imported? If not, is it possible to conduct triaxial test without periodic boundaries?

I also have noticed that triaxial simulations can also be conducted directly through GUI controller using the 'Generate' tab. There I didn't face any such issues I stated above. Is it possible to get the code they use in the GUI for the test?

Cheers, Rahul.