Re: [Question #702176]: Saving/Loading

Nabil YOUNES posted a new comment:
Hey Jan,
Sorry for not being very clear.

 > What are "...". "parameters", "other things", "the history",
"volumetric strains" etc.?

Basically, I am trying to couple DEM with LBM in order to model partially saturated medias. And LBM is written in C++, and it's the main code in which I call Yade. For example, for some number of LBM iterations (n_LBM), I launch Yade for (n_DEM) iterations. At the end of the Yade cycle (at n_DEM iteration), I save two things:
- I save some physical quantities in a text file, such as volumetric strain, stresses, axial strains, kinetic energy, etc. In each row, I have the number of iterations and the physical parameters mentioned above.
- I save the simulation by using O.save(filename). (Indeed, for loading the simulation again in Yade, I use O.load(filename))
Once Yade is finished and everything is saved, Yade exists and the main code (LBM) has the control again, and so on. This the DEM-LBM coupling algorithm.

The example I am currently studying is Triaxial test in partially saturated media. Indeed, in order to verify that the algorithm works well, I have simulated a dry REV, which means that I commented the LBM block code so that only Yade is used but using my algorithm (cycles of opening and closing Yade). And I compare the results of my algorithm's simulation with a normal Yade simulation.
In both simulations, sigma_zz is increasing (in the saved text file), which means that the upper wall is compressing my REV while maintaining sigma_xx = sigma_yy = sigma_conf (which is a good sign). However, using my algorithm, epsilon_zz, epsilon_vv, and kinetic energy are all zeros while using a normal Yade triaxial simulation, epsilon_zz, epsilon_vv, and kinetic energy are changing.
Somehow, when I load the simulation using O.load() strains and kinetic energy are reset.
Hope my message is more precise now.

Best
Nabil