[Question #702251]: debugging yade

Dear all,

I would like to debug some part of yade, which is written in python. Is this possible using kdevelop? Or using some other tool?

I use ubuntu 20.04 and installed kdevelop 5.5.0. After downloading current yade source files from GitLab, I compiled it using debug flags.
Following the instructions from [1], I can now start a debug session from within kdevelop. The debugger in action is gdb (which can deal with c++, but not with python, when I understand correctly). So, I can set breakpoints in the c++ code and debugging works as expected.
However, I would like to debug parts of yade, which are written in python. Any suggestions how to do this?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Bettina

[1] https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Debugging_using_Kdevelop