Re: [Question #702251]: debugging yade

Bettina Suhr is still having a problem:
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the suggestion to use pdb

I tried the approach and added import pdb and pdb.set_trace() to export.py in function textClumps()
After running make install, I ran yade with the save-load-clumps.py example and could use pdb in yade as expected.

I would like to use the debugger to better understand the clump breakage algorithm implemented in trunk/py/bf/bf.py.
Therefore, I added the import pdb and pdb.set_trace() in bf.py and ran the example clumps-breakage/uniaxial_clump.py in yade.
The calculation stopped, where I set the pdb.set_trace() command, but I didn’t get a (pdb) prompt, as I did before.
Whatever I type in the shell, e.g. ll, gives me a syntax error.

Any idea what could be the problem here?

Thanks,
Bettina

~/Yade20220610DEBUG/install/bin/yade-Unknown uniaxial_clump.py
Welcome to Yade Unknown
Using python version: 3.8.10 (default, Mar 15 2022, 12:22:08)
[GCC 9.4.0]
TCP python prompt on localhost:9000, auth cookie `scuads'
XMLRPC info provider on http://localhost:21000
Running script uniaxial_clump.py
[[ ^L clears screen, ^U kills line. F12 controller, F11 3D view (press "h" in 3D view for help), F10 both, F9 generator, F8 plot. ]]

In [1]> /home/bettinasuhr/Yade20220610DEBUG/install/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/yade-Unknown/py/yade/bf/bf.py(91)checkFailure()
-> if weibull:  # I just modify potential sigma_eff before checking conditions
In [1]*** SyntaxError: invalid syntax