[Question #702421]: particle/particle Conductive heat transfer in thermal engine

I am checking the implementation of particle/particle conductive heat transfer  in thermal engine as presented in (1).
I do not understand the origin of the formula (9) in the framework:

Phi_ij = 2rc²(ki+kj)/d (Tj - Ti)  (9)   [ rc: contact radius ; k: thermal conductivity ; d:distance between particles less overlap ]

with the reference of Norouzi et al (2) precised in the article.

Norouzi (2) introduces (p.309) two different expressions for

* collisional contact conductive heat transfer
complex expression involving square root of contact time and square of contact radius....

 and

* static contact conductive heat transfer (p. 310)

Phi_ij = 4rc(1/ki+1/kj) (Tj - Ti)

which corresponds to the classical expression used elsewhere to describe particle conductive heat transfer
as in ligghts (https://www.cfdem.com/media/DEM/docu/fix_heat_gran_conduction.html).

Could you give me more infos about the approach considered in thermal engine (formula 9) ????

Thanks for all,

Best,

F.

(1)
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335272631_An_open_framework_for_the_simulation_of_coupled_Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical_processes_in_Discrete_Element_Systems

(2) Norouzi, H. R., Zarghami, R., Sotudeh-Gharebagh, R., and Mostou, N. (2016). Coupled CFD-DEM Modeling. Wiley.