[Question #702459]: Relative Velocity - cellVelocity 2PFV

Hi guys,

I am analising the distribution of Cell Velocity within a pack during drainage.
But I am not sure if the values I am getting are coherent .

For example, when using averageVelocity (2PFV) I have:
Vector3(-0.004874323346091374159,-0.007408252653754272658,-0.00447746732082271795)

Calculating hydraulic conductivity, permeability from the average velocity, the model is reproducing my experiment. So, in overall that is working.

But when I go for the cellVelocity I plotted a histogram, and  have a lot of values around zero, as expected, but few values can reach up to 500. The unit are all in SI, so this should be m.s-1.

The pore throat radius I am getting from my pack is within 2.5e-6 m and 1e-5 m.

I am working with soil drainage, but never saw such high values in literature.
Althout, it is localized and instantaneous, I wounder if this would be physically consistent.

Any insight would be helpful.

Kind regards
Luis