Re: [Question #702505]: How to solve particle overlap?

concerning MWE:
- W = working. I got several IndentationErrors. Easy to fix, but please try to make you code working, it is then much more valuable
- M = minimal. E.g. the plot part is not related to the problem

> b.state blockedDOFs
> b.state. Angvel
> o.bodies Append

Again, try to put actual code, i.e.:
b.state.blockedDOFs (missing dot)
b.state.angVel (not Angvel)
O.bodies.append ("O" instead of "o", missing dot, append instead of Append)

> fix the remaining particles. I use b.state blockedDOFs='zxy'

thanks for clarification, fix=block. I understood fix=repair.
Also consider adding rotational degrees of freedom to the blockedDOFs as 'xyzXYZ'

> I need to delete particles in a circular range first,
> In the second step, you need to add some particles, using o.bodies Append adds some particles.
>
>the particles to be deleted were not completely removed
> I observed it through the 3D rendering in the console. When there are many deleted particles, and after adding new particles, the deleted particles are still not completely deleted.

I have tried you code.
I clearly see a circular hole in the packing and newly added particles.
Please define what you mean by "not completely removed". Particles are either removed or not.

If your concerns are that the newly added particles are overlapping with the existing particles, you have two options:
- put the new particles at different positions (e.g. closer to the hole center) such that they do not overlap
- enlarge the circular hole

Cheers