[Question #702680]: Contact failure due to shear or normal stress exceeding

Hello!

I am an PhD student and I am currently working on implementing YADE for modeling rock with DEM.
The material I use is CohFrictMat or JCFpmMat. To be able to interpret the results correctly I need to follow the number of broken contacts, which is relatively easy to implement in Python. However, following the number of broken contacts and distinguishing which of them have failed due to exceeding the normal or shear limit stress is not so obvious, but would be of great value in my work.

Does any of you know how to solve this problem? In an exact or at least approximate way?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Daniel